The MPhil is offered by the Faculty of Mathematics as a full-time period of research and introduces students to research skills and specialist knowledge. Its main aims are:
- to give students with relevant experience at first-degree level the opportunity to carry out focussed research in the discipline under supervision; and
- to give students the opportunity to acquire or develop skills and expertise relevant to their research interests.
By the end of the programme, students will have:
- acquired a comprehensive understanding of techniques, and a thorough knowledge of the literature, applicable to their own research;
- demonstrated originality in the application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how research and enquiry are used to create and interpret knowledge in their field;
- shown abilities in the critical evaluation of current research and research techniques and methodologies;
- demonstrated some self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems, and acted autonomously in the planning and implementation of research
Регистрация на сайте организатора
Для кого курс
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK First class Honours Degree.
If your degree is not from the UK, please check International Qualifications to find the equivalent in your country.
The usual minimum entry requirement is a first-class honours degree, awarded after a four-year course in physics, mathematics or engineering, or a three-year degree together with a one-year postgraduate course on advanced mathematics and theoretical physics. Part III (MMath/MASt) of the Mathematical Tripos provides such a course. Note however that entry is competitive and a higher level of preparation may be required.
11-month full-time programme