About the course and its aims:
- The course analyses problem solving for IoT analytics.
- The unique considerations for IoT data (e.g. time series data) are investigated.
- The course covers programming so participants will need to be familiar with some programming languages — but we do not expect familiarity in a specific language. The primary programming language of the course is Python (specifically TensorFlow and Keras).
- We use Spark for big data.
- The course needs an understanding of maths. We cover maths and statistics foundations as needed.
- Where possible, we use IoT datasets. We cover handling large-scale IoT datasets.
- We focus on skills based/commercial products. This is not an academic course.
- The course also includes an industry programme. The industry programme will be based on use cases incorporating IoT analytics methodology.
- We aim to equip you with skills such as TensorFlow, Keras, Nvidia etc., which can be used outside of IoT applications.
The course takes a problem solving approach and uses specific case studies from industry. Participants are expected to have a mind-set of exploration and to study and learn beyond the class material itself (depending on their existing familiarity with the subject matter).