Unique, dynamic, independent and international, the Architectural Association School of Architecture was originally set up in 1847 as a public forum and learned society, in/famously founded by “a pack of troublesome students”. The AA is much more than the UK’s oldest school of architecture; the school is the nexus of a global conglomeration of contemporary architectural culture, as well as its pasts. The AA’s incarnations include:
• a professional association;
• a vibrant membership organisation comprising more than 3000 members;
• a registered charity;
• AA Publications, publisher of books and journals;
• AA Bookshop, one of London’s leading architectural booksellers;
• a high-profile public events programme, including a wealth of exhibitions, lectures, symposia, seminars, conversations, research clusters and visits; and
• a renowned architectural school based in London and worldwide.